Saturday 14 August 2010

Putting a face to the name - a self portrait



I was rummaging through a few folders during my recent archiving exercise and had forgotten about a self portrait session I did last year.

Here is one of the images featuring my well gigged Warwick Fortress 5 string.
I had this bass custom made (I'm a Southpaw) in Germany and features gold hardware and MEC pickups.

The lighting was a simple daylight balanced static lamp through a softbox, above and camera left, set back to increase light fall-off.

The majority of the effect was achieved in post-processing with a dark vignette added in Lightroom 3.

One of the regrets from my 25 years on the road as a bassist is a lack of photographic memories, which is kind of why I like providing musicians with images to keep forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment