Friday 26 August 2011

Belladrum Festival

Earlier in the year, I won the Pop Cop 'Best Scottish Music Photo 2010' judged by Harry Benson.
One of the prizes was weekend guestlist and photo-pass for the Belladrum Festival in Beauly, Invernesshire.

This was my first outdoor festival, as a punter and as a photographer, and my first time sleeping in a tent since 1975. It turned out to be a fantastic experience - the weather (contrary to the weather forecast) was glorious, right up until the end of the last night. The atmosphere was fantastic, the food was great and not overpriced, I met some great new photographer friends, and got some great images of some great bands.

Highlights for me photographically, were Texas, Deacon Blue, Vintage Trouble, Metaltech, Echo & The Bunnymen, Newton Faulkner and the Gerry Jablonski Electric Blues Band.

I got quite a few fun crowd shots too!

Without further ado, here are some of my favourites from the weekend:


Ian McCullough - Echo & The Bunnymen

Easy Star All Stars 

 Texas

Texas

Vintage Trouble

Vintage Trouble

Vintage Trouble

Ricky Ross - Deacon Blue

Lorraine McIntosh - Deacon Blue

Deacon Blue

Gerry Jablonski Band

Gerry Jablonski Band 

Metaltech

Metaltech

Newton Faulkner 


































 



No comments:

Post a Comment